Texas School for the Deaf Statewide Outreach Center (S.O.C.) is continuously and collecting online lesson plans and resources for Families, Students, and Professionals.
Teaching Online Resources:
- Lesson Plans Library. Statewide Outreach Center.
- Google Education Apps for Teachers. Statewide Outreach Center.
- STEM-focused Activities. CSD & RIT/NTID
- Online Dictionaries. Statewide Outreach Center.
- E-Learning and Coronavirus (COVID-19). Supporting Success for Children with Hearing Loss.
- Virtual Activities for Teachers and Families. Texas Sensory Support Network.
- ASL Literacy Activities. Motion Light Lab
- Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy FAQ. Texas Education Agency.
- Using Google Meet with Deaf/HH Students/Staff [applying ASR Captioning]. Texas Deaf/Hard of Hearing Project.
- Teaching Remotely to Deaf and Hard of Hearing Students. Council for Exceptional Children Division for Communication, Language, and Deaf/Hard of Hearing.
- Deaf/HH Accessible eLearning Resources. Sarah Kiefer.
- Virtual Education for Students who are Deaf/Hard of Hearing. Resource Materials and Technology Center for the Deaf/Hard of Hearing.
- Teachers of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing [Facebook Group].
- DHH Teaching During COVID-19 [Facebook Group].
- Get TEXAS Reading with myON by Renaissance (TEA) new
Resources for Children:
- ASL Storytelling Library. Statewide Outreach Center.
- VL2 Storybook Apps.
- Children's Stories in Sign Language. Texas Sensory Support Network.
- ASL Videos [Toddler Program]. Rocky Mountain Deaf School.
- #operationASLStorytime Kids Stories in ASL. DPAN.TV.
- Coronavirus: An ASL Social Story Marie Philip School.
- Savvy ASL. Tips and stories from a deaf fourth-grader.
- Aunt Alice's ASL TV [youtube].
- ASL Book Time. Transformative Deaf Education.
- ASL Stories, eBooks, and Other ASL Educational Resources for Parents & Kids. Deaf-Hearing Communication Centre.
- Bilingual ASL-English Deaf Education Library. Boston University.
- Visual Language and Visual Learning (VL2). Gallaudet University.
This web portal provides information and resources that are relevant, accessible, and impactful to support educational leaders, teachers, parents and families, and community partners to ensure the academic success of the State's English learners.
- COVID-19 Tips for Families of English Learners - English (PDF)
- COVID-19 Tips for Families of English Learners - Spanish (PDF)
- COVID-19 Tips for Families of English Learners - Vietnamese (PDF)