“Compact with Texans”
The Texas School for the Deaf (TSD) is a state agency and a public school providing educational services to persons who are 21 years of age or younger and who are deaf and hard of hearing. The School provides:
- Comprehensive educational services, on a day or residential basis.
- Short-term services to allow a student to better achieve educational results from services available in the community.
- Services for any student who is deaf and hard of hearing and also has an additional disability and who requires a specialized support program but who do not require a residential treatment facility.
The School also serves as a statewide Educational Resource Center on Deafness (ERCOD) providing outreach and resource services to Texas deaf and hard of hearing students, parents, families, and professionals working to meet the needs of persons throughout the state who are deaf and hard of hearing.
The TSD Customer Service Principles include:
- Providing each student with a quality learning and living environment designed to meet their individual needs.
- Treating customers with dignity and respect.
- Providing services in a safe and healthy environment.
- Providing quality information, resources, and referral to all statewide customers who have identified needs related to serving deaf and hard of hearing students.
- Conducting all School activities in a legal, open, honest, professional, courteous, efficient and timely manner.
- Providing a website that gives all Texans access to information about the School as well as information about education of the deaf and deaf and hard of hearing students.
- Providing publications, pamphlets, and presentations about School activities as needed and requested.
- Returning telephone calls as soon as possible but within two working days.
- Responding to requests for written information within ten working days.
- Providing direct communication access for deaf and hard of hearing customers.
- Maintaining a conscientious, competent and courteous staff.
- Acknowledging complaints promptly but within two working days and provide a written response, if needed, within fifteen working days.
For Information about TSD Programs and Services:
The school is located in Austin at 1102 S. Congress Avenue just south of downtown. You may contact the School by calling 512.462.5353.
Information on TSD's programs, services, and staff may be found on the School's web site: www.tsd.state.tx.us.
Information on admission may be referred to Brenda Fraenkel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Outreach programs throughout the state bay are obtained by emailing Diana Poeppelmeyer at email@example.com.
To Express ConcernsConners about TSD Programs or Services, you may Contact TSD's Customer Service Representative:
You can report suspected waste, fraud or abuse of state resources to the Texas State Auditor's Office or by calling 800-7X-AUDIT.