MOST POPULAR VIDEOS
- Sort by:
- Most Popular
- Most Recent
Showing all videos (Page 4)
Final Green School Recap
On February 28th, 2012; Pureology and Global Green USA kicked off the Go Green Makeover competition at TSD. This video shows the improvements made at Texas School for the DeafUploaded Sep 18, 2012 by Fernando Munoz
- 00:44 7th Graders Spirit Week Uploaded Sep 24, 2012 to Middle School
- 00:54 6th Graders Spirit Week Outside Uploaded Sep 24, 2012 to Middle School
- 26:04 7th/8th Football Game Uploaded Oct 16, 2012 to Middle School
- 52:41 Virtual Graduation Ceremony Class of 2020 Uploaded Jun 05, 2020
The Iodine Clock Reaction!
The iodine clock reaction is a classical chemical clock demonstration experiment to show chemical kinetics in action. It was discovered by Hans Heinrich Landolt in 1886. Two color solutions are mixed and at first there is no visible reaction. Then you'll see the solutions changing to clear or cloudy white color.Uploaded Aug 23, 2015 by Suzanne Milford
The iodine is mixed with starch to make a dark blue-black color solution. Then the solution of vitamin C is added to make it clear.
How does it work? Iodine has two different “oxidation states” – one where the iodine molecules have a negative charge (I-) and the other where they have no electric charge (I0) Only the iodine with no electric charge can combine with starch to make the blue-black color. Certain chemical reactions (called oxidation and reduction reactions) can make iodine shift back and forth between these two states when it is mixed with Vitamin C solution.
- 00:37 Frankenstein Make-up Time-lapse Uploaded Apr 29, 2015
- 00:27 8th Graders Spirit Week Uploaded Sep 24, 2012 to Middle School
- 4:26 International Studies - Thailand Uploaded Nov 07, 2016 to International Studies
- 3:14 2016-2017 Welcome to Ranger Nation, the Power of WE Featured Uploaded Aug 24, 2016