Statewide Outreach Center
Welcome to the Statewide Outreach Center
Some services are provided on the TSD campus while others are offered in your local areas or even in your home or classroom via video conferencing or online resources.
SOC programs, information about Deaf Education in Texas, and other related services statewide can be found at www.txdeafed.org – a collection of resources compiled with support from partners.
Our Goals at the Statewide Outreach Center are:
- To direct you to the appropriate agency, program, service, information, or resource needed to serve deaf and hard of hearing students anywhere in the state.
- To provide programs and services designed specifically for families and their deaf and hard of hearing children (birth – twenty-two) who attend schools and educational programs throughout Texas.
- To deliver training for professional development and support.
- To create resources and materials readily available to you online.
- To extend access to SOC resources, programs, and services through events in a variety of locations statewide and through technology for video-conferencing opportunities.
- To collaborate with programs throughout the state to provide the most effective and efficient services.
- To increase awareness that each deaf and hard of hearing student can achieve his/her full potential when provided appropriate educational opportunities.
See what SOC offers in the chart below:
Please Contact UsWe stand by ready to assist you.
Email [email protected]
Statewide Outreach Center is located at the Texas School for the Deaf
1102 South Congress, Austin, TX 78704