The Texas School for the Deaf Interpreting Services Department maintains a high standard of professionalism. We strive to create an atmosphere of teamwork and trust in the individuals within the department and those we serve.
The interpreters in this department, being certified on a state and/or national level, adhere to the National Association of the Deaf (NAD) and Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID) code of professional conduct (CPC). The CPC outlines seven (7) tenets which are as follows:
- Interpreters adhere to standards of confidential communication.
- Interpreters possess the professional skills and knowledge required for the specific interpreting situation.
- Interpreters conduct themselves in a manner appropriate to the specific interpreting situation.
- Interpreters demonstrate respect for consumers.
- Interpreters demonstrate respect for colleagues, interns, and students of the profession.
- Interpreters maintain ethical business practices.
- Interpreters engage in professional development.
For further information, including the CPC guiding principles and illustrative behaviors of each tenet, click here