TSD Governing Board Meeting
- TSD Governing Board Meeting
- 5/26/2022, 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
- AWC Board Room 208
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a regular meeting of the Governing Board of the Texas School for the Deaf shall be held at 12:00 p.m. on May 26, 2022 in the Administrative and Welcome Center, Board Room 208, 1102 South Congress Ave, Austin, Texas.
This meeting will be conducted via videoconference. A quorum of the board will be participating by videoconference in accordance with the provisions of Section 551.127(c) of the Texas Government Code.
Members of the public may access this meeting as follows: https://esc13.zoom.us/j/82164818425
An electronic copy of the agenda packet is available online here: https://meetings.boardbook.org/Public/Organization/2109
Public comments related to this meeting will be handled via sign up. If you wish to address the Board in Open Meeting please complete the following link: https://www.tsd.state.tx.us/apps/form/public_participation
The link will close at 10:00 a.m. on May 26, 2022. You will not be able to sign up after that time. Once you have signed up, you will receive a link to join the meeting. Please log in by 12:00 p.m. on May 26, 2022, and wait to be recognized by the Board.
If, during the course of the meeting, discussion of any item on the agenda should be held in a closed meeting, the Board will conduct a closed meeting in accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code, Chapter 551, Subchapters D and E or Texas Government Code section 418.183(f). Before any closed meeting is convened, the presiding officer will publicly identify the section or sections of the Act authorizing the closed meeting. All final votes, actions, or decisions will be taken in open meeting.
The open portions of this meeting will be recorded and made available to the public upon request.
The subjects to be discussed or considered, or upon which any formal action may be taken, are as follows (items do not have to be taken in the same order as shown on this meeting notice):
1. Call to Order Announce the Presence of a Quorum
2. Call Roll of Board Members (KV Smith)
3. Public Participation: Provide opportunity for public comment on non-agenda items and introduction of visitors
4. Consent Agenda Items: All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Governing Board and will be enacted by one motion. There will not be separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed by a board member from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.
a. Board Meeting Minutes of April 29, 2022 (Shawn Saladin)
5. Approval of Agency Strategic Plan (Claire Bugen)
6. LAR Discussion Continued (Justin Wedel, Claire Bugen, Julie Dodd)
7. Approve PPfT Appraisers and Calendar for 2022-2023 (Stella Egbert)
8. Approve SHAC Membership (Elizabeth Sterling)
9. Board Policies (Sha Cowan)
EHBD Special Programs: Federal Title 1