Getting know me:
* 4th generation Texan
* Graduated from Texas School for the Deaf
* Graduated from Lamar University as M.S. in Deaf Studies
* Born as Profound Deaf
* Artist: crafts, drawing, painting, and De'Via
* 11 years ASL professor at community colleges
* 4th year teaching ASL in high school
* Published thesis in 2011: Beliefs of American sign language teachers in Texas: Fingerspelling tools and uses
* TSDAA Social Media
* Deaf Women of Austin membership
* ASLTA membership
* TSID Conference presenter in 2012
* TAD membership
* and many more!!
I believe in to give a growth in students' abilities with their ASL knowledges, Deaf culture/history awareness and Deaf communities.